Sunday, August 16, 2015

Walls

How would you like me to be
All there is comes naturally
Weighing the balance equally 
So much can be said by my silence 
Hard as it seems all that we need
Is too close to be seen 

See the light I build my walls for you to climb
A billion walls for you to climb
Don't cry I built these walls to hold me tight 
A billion walls can't keep me warm at night 

Here in the valley seasons become cycles like children we mend
Misled, misread, company or companion 
We follow our hearts, we follow our dreams that always seem just out of reach 

We can hide you build your walls for me to climb
A billion walls for me to climb
It's alright you built these walls to hold you tight 
A billion walls can't keep you warm at night 

How hard would life be if we were just free to leave behind the strife
All my words prove is that it's easy to remove these walls if we just try

We're alive tear down these walls set us free
A billion walls should never be
Tear down those walls this very night 
The only thing between us is the light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment... and you may win a prize!